The ion system is a disinfection device made up of two copper and silver alloy electrodes.
A direct low-intensity electric current generates an electrochemical reaction that releases metal ions of copper and silver.
Then, there is diffusion of these metal ions in the basin to act against microorganisms: bacteria, viruses, microbes.
Copper acts as a binder on microorganisms and clarifies water in addition to being an effective algaecide. Silver, on the other hand, acts as a powerful bactericide.
It is advisable to use this system in conjunction with the addition of slowly dissolving chlorine (TCL ≈ 91%) from time to time, for better treatment. About 2 to 3 lozenges per month depending on the use.
Using the keypad
Here's how to tune your ion system :
- Press "START" and the numbers will flash.
- Hold the "SET DUTY" button to adjust the efficiency value to the desired level.
- Press "START" again to save the chosen value.
During the first 24 to 48 hours, an efficiency value of 80% must be maintained.
Subsequently, during the regular period, it is necessary to maintain a value between 15% and 20%.
Main advantages :
- Low maintenance;
- Inexpensive in the long run;
- Harmless to swimmers if the particles are properly dosed;
- Acts as a clarifier;
- Clear and crystalline water, tasteless, without irritation.
- The system is sensitive to pH variations which must always remain between 7 and 7.4.
- The copper level must be between 0.2 ppm and 0.5 ppm.