Dosage for a spa containing 2000 liters
Use of Bromine
In Tablet :
- Add 1 bromine tablet to a float (up to 2 at a time). You will generally need 2 to 3 lozenges per week depending on the use..
- Check the bromine level regularly.
- Add a tablet when the bromine level drops too low.
- When the water seems cloudy, add 2 tablespoons of shock treatment to destroy the waste produced by the chlorine. (additional to weekly treatment)
- Add 90 ml of anti-tartar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of shock treatment.
- Check the condition of the filters and rinse / wash them as needed.
- Take out and rinse the filters.
- In a separate container, prepare a water solution with the filter cleaner.
- Put the filters in the solution so that they are completely submerged.
- Let the filters soak for 12 hours.
- Take the filters out of the solution to rinse them again and let it air dry.
- Filters can be replaced after drying.
It is strongly recommended to use another set of filters while cleaning the filters to avoid leaving the spa without filtration for a period of 24 hours or more..
In addition, when there is no filter you expose your pump to all debris that can access it directly through the filtration piping which is no longer protected by the filters.
To do with each new filling
- Have the spa water pH and alkaline checked at the store. It is also possible to check it at home with test strips.
- Balance the water according to the tests carried out.
- Add 180 ml of anti-scale to protect your spa from scale formation in the plumbing and the water heater.
- Add an initial dose of bromine.
- Finally, for a complete treatment, add 2 tablespoons of shock treatment.
IMPORTANT : There should always be a minimum of 2 hours between each addition of chemical to avoid negative interactions.