How to maintain your spa during the winter
If you leave your spa running during the winter season, know that there are at least 7 important things you should master:
- It is very important to check the water level, as well as its temperature every 2 to 3 days, if not daily. Take this opportunity to check whether there are any error messages on the keyboard;
- You must inevitably remove snow from your cover, otherwise it may collapse with the weight of the snow or be damaged by the formation of ice;
- It is advisable to install a protective cover over the cover in order to retain more heat and prevent ice from sticking to it;
- Be familiar with your spa control options, as well as possible error messages and diagnostics (have your spa manual handy);
- Keep your temperature as stable and constant as possible and ideally close to 100 ° This measure adds additional security in the event of a breakdown. Obviously, hotter water will give you a longer time to work.
- Be familiar with the procedure in the event of a power failure or when a breakage prevents the heating. See the procedure here.
If you have any questions or request a service call, you can contact the Generation Spas team at 1-855-294-7494.