❄️ Maintenance of your spa during Winter ❄️
If you leave your spa running during the winter, there are at least 7 important things you should know:
- It is very important to check the water level, as well as the water temperature every 2 to 3 days. It's even better to do it daily. Take this opportunity to check whether there are any error messages on the keyboard ;
- You must inevitably remove snow from your cover, otherwise it may collapse with the weight of the snow or be damaged by the formation of ice ;
- We strongly recommend installing a protective tarpaulin over the cover in order to retain more heat and prevent ice from sticking to it ;
- Be familiar with your spa control options, as well as possible error messages and diagnostics (have your spa manual handy) ;
- Keep your temperature as stable and constant as possible and ideally close to 100°F. Keeping the water at 100°F adds additional security in the event of a breakdown or a power outage. Obviously, hotter water will give you a longer time to work on the problem ;
- Be familiar with the procedure in the event of a power outage or when a breakage prevents the heating. See the procedure here ;
- Keep calm and call a professional like Generation Spas, if there is any problem!
If you have any questions or request a service call, you can contact the Generation Spas team at 1-855-294-7494.